Weebly is a free website builder that allows anybody to build their own websites quickly and with ease. It is a very popular platform, and has more than 6 million registered users for one very simple reason – Weebly is a free website builder, and it’s darn easy to use.
This free website builder allows you to build beautiful websites in a very short period of time – even if you do not have any programming background. If you have aspirations to create business websites, e-commerce websites, blogs or just general interest websites, Weebly is an ideal free website builder for you.
Free Versus Paid (Pro)
Yes it’s true, Weebly does have a paid feature where once you sign up for its Pro plan, you are granted access to more interesting website builder tools. But fear not, you don’t actually need the paid version of Weebly to build awesome websites. The free version of Weebly is more than enough to get the job done.
So what tools do you have access to under Weebly’s free website builder program? Let’s just say you get ALL the basic tools, except for the following:
• Video player (but you can get around this by uploading your video on to YouTube as Weebly’s free version allows you to play YouTube videos)
• Audio player
• Embedded document – allowing you to embed documents such as PDF to your web pages
• Password protection for selected web pages
• 10 websites per account (but you get 2 free accounts under the free account anyway)
• Increased file size limit
• Visitors could upload files to your Weebly website
• Removed advisement from Weebly – the free website building version does have a very small snippet of Weebly advertisement at the footer, but not very intrusive in my opinion
As you can see, Weebly’s free website builder program is fully capable of allowing you to build a functional website. Should you need the tools that the paid version provides, you can always upgrade later once you are satisfied with Weebly’s free website builder.
Full HTML / CSS Control
One of the best parts about this free website builder is that Weebly does not restrict you in how you want to design your website. By granting you full control of Weebly HTML and CSS access, if you are savvy with coding, you can pretty much create any design you want that suits your website.
If you don’t have the necessary expertise to play around with the codes to create your ideal design, there are independent Weebly templates providers that serve up some really beautiful and creative templates that could be integrated with your free or paid Weebly account in a matter of seconds.
Weebly is one of the best free website builder in the market today, for all the reasons provided above. It’s very intuitive to use, and its simple drag-and-drop platform has effectively created a way for everybody to build websites in a very quick and painless manner.
Source by Jeremy C W