Struggling to work with large menus? Try the Menu Management Enhancer for WordPress
The WordPress 3 Menu Management System is excellent, but it can be a bit cumbersome if you’re managing many menu items. The Menu Management Enhancer for WordPress aims to improve the menu management user experience.
- Manage large numbers of menu items with ease
- Expand and collapse menu item trees
- Quickly jump to any top level menu item
- Enhanced drag & drop jump-to-item functionality
- View menu item IDs
- Child and descendant menu item counts at a glance
The Menu Management Enhancer is a back-end (it won’t affect anything your site visitors see) administrative utility for WordPress which improves your menu management experience. It affects only the Appearance > Menus screen. If you have more menu items than fit on your screen, this plugin can enhance your menu management experience.
Try it with UberMenu – WordPress Mega Menu Plugin!
Is your Appearance > Menus Admin Panel running slowly in WordPress 3.6 or 3.7? Try the Faster Appearance > Menus plugin (there is an inefficiency in WordPress core)
- WordPress 3.5+
- jQuery 1.8.2+ (comes with WordPress 3.5+)
- Use of the WordPress 3 Navigation Menu System
- Use of a modern browser, like Firefox or Chrome. (It does seem to work with IE, but considering this is a back-end script, that won’t officially be supported. Just use Chrome ).
Read the Full Documentation
sausage.js by Christopher Cliff
v1.2 * Replaced deprecated jQuery .size() function with .length for compatibility with future jQuery versionsSource