jQueryFacebookWallWP v2.0 is a wordpress plugin that will build a timeline or wall style post feed on your worpress website post or page with the Facebook account data of your choosing. jQueryFacebookWallWP has settings to show events, likes, photos, and albums. It also includes a Facebook style lightbox to browse photo galleries. And best of all, it has user interactions so photos, posts, and comments can be liked or commented on. See it in action at https://ironlasso.com/jqueryfacebookwall-wordpress-plugin/
1/18/2015 NEW FACEBOOK APP CREATEION AND PERMISSIONS DOCUMENTATION
Good news! New plugin documentation has been released to make the Facebook App creation and permission requests easier that ever before.
Because of Facebook’s changes to their App creation Interfaces and default App permissions, we have updated the jQueryFacebookWall documentation. The updates more accurately define a step by step Facebook App creation process abd also include instructions and templated
answers to Facebook publish_actions review questions so you can get publish_actions permissions granted fast. Enjoy!
1/2/2015 FACEBOOK APP PERMISSIONS CHANGES
In their undying quest to protect your personal information Facebook has changed their permissions structure once again. Unfortunately newly created Facebook Apps
are not given publish_actions permissions with out a Facebook review. Because jQueryFacebookWall uses a Facebook App to publish likes and comments to Facebook,
this can delay the plugin’s ability to post comments and likes for up to a 7 days while Facebook reviews the App. We added some fall back measures in case the App used
by the plugin doesn’t have the publish_actions permissions granted. (i.e. an option to open a new tab or popup containing the targeted post or photo so the user can like or
comment). You can get the gist of the changes here https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions/v2.2
On a positive note, it seems the new permissions restrictions only effect newly created Apps, old Apps work just fine. Happy new year.
VERSION 2.0 Released
Now you can put multiple feeds on the same page! Or split up the feed, photos, albums, likes and events components and place them in different parts of your page.
Version 2 Changes
- Multiple Plugin instances on the same page. This allows for multiple feeds from different Facebook pages on the same page of your website.
- Dividable the plugin components (photos, albumns, feed, likes, events). You can divide the plugin components into different plugin instances and place them in different parts of your website page.
- Past events display options.
- Display Animation
- Facebook Graph API calls and Login updated to API version 2.1.
- Facebook profiles and groups are no longer supported. With the upgrade to Graph API 2.1 permission to personal profiles data via apps has been severely restricted. Please see these links for info on the difference between Facebook pages and Facebook profiles and how to convert your profile to a page.
- Added CSS3 loading scale animations.
- Added Danish, German, and Turkish language translations.
New filter posts by number of likes option. Limit the posts you add to your wall by a minimum number of likes.
Added Timeline and
Wall display Media
Queries for better Mobile response!
- New Polski language option
- New Dutch language option
- New Single Column Layout
- Loading Feed Posts is now optional, you can just show events or albums etc if you want
- Feed, Likes, Events, Alubms, Photos order is now customizable
- Localization added, translations for italiano, francais, espanol, and svenska + easy to add other languages just add the json translation hash
- Now does not require php!
What people are saying
Jul 14, 2015
- Feed post time created bug fix
Aug 17, 2014
- Version 2.0 Released
May 31, 2014
- Added loading animations.
- Added Danish, German, and Turkish translations.
- Patched Safari date bug, and js lightbox translation bug.
April 6, 2014
- Feed Posts now include story data for more data retrieval!
- New like filter by post feature.
- Error checking on Facebook data deferreds.
- Settings Page validation css namespacing to reduce style collisions with themes.
February 12, 2014
- Dutch Translation Added!
- Fixed translation date undefined bugs for non US facebook accounts.
January 4, 2014
- New Featrues Added!
- Updated light box image centering to be all css and js, also took the 100% width off light box images so they don’t look pixelated.
- Updated the album height for ie7 and 8.
September 29, 2013
- Plugin Path bug fix.
- Facebook SDK FB.init bug fix.
- Added tighter lightbox css name spacing to reduce style collisions with other light boxes that may be installed.
- Version 1.0 Released!
September 23, 2013
- Version 1.0 Released!