Facebook Custom Fan Gate for WordPress is a plugin that adds an overlay pop up over the home page and the posts of your WordPress blog. The user has to like a specified url to close the layer or click the close button. It’s also called “like gate”.
This plugin speed up building your fan base. Having a big number of fans means that posting contents on your page will increase the traffic to your site.
It differs from other similar plugins because:
- you can use a custom image to completely personalize the pop up style (no borders, no fixed dimensions, no titles!).
- this is the only plugin that comes with stats and historical data and makes a simple chart with the numbers of likes gained
- you can put the shortcode in some pages to open the fan gate only on some pages!
Here are all the features described in this documentation:
- it comes with ready to use presets to go live now!
- you can use a specified image as pop up
- you can decide if add fan gate to post, or pages or manually to only some pages
- you can decide where to place the Facebook like and the Close button with drag and drop
- choose between different Facebook button style (standard, button, button count, box count)
- optionally shows faces of already fans
- optionally removes close button (like becomes mandatory)
- optionally avoid pop up on mobiles (annoying!)
- you can customize close button colors
- you can customize the overlay color and the opacity
- it adds a cookie when a user likes, to remember it
- it adds a cookie when a user close the pup up and it shows the pop up back after some days/week/month/monthes
- you can test how the layer appears
- it shows likes gained per day and other stats
- it hows likes over a period
- it shows cumulative likes line chart
- it shows daily likes line chart
- if you use Facebook connect on your site, it can check if user has already liked your page… but this feature isn’t tested, so I don’t know if it works!
Charts and stats