Build it once, use it everywhere and forever. A simple acf pro add-on that allows you to treat a field group as a component and reuse it in any other field groups. Later on if you want to make changes to that component, you only need to edit once, it’ll apply to every field groups that uses the component.
When should I use this?
Have you ever find your self creating the same set of fields in your project, say like, a custom lists menu, a testimonial block, sliders, or even a button? Well, this plugin might just be the one you need. Essentially, this plugin will allow you to only create that “same set of fields” once, and you can reuse it as many times as you want.
ACF PRO 5.2.9+
Note: This plugin is only compatible with ACF pro version due to their structure setup differences.
Example and Live Demo
Please visit https://acf-component-field.gummi.io/ to see the example usages and live demo.
– Fix a bug where component add row event isn’t register properly when the field group metabox is added through ajax.
– Component field’s “this is a component” checkbox will now remain checked upon duplication.
– Fix wpml language duplication not selecting the proper component group. After language duplication, it’ll “try” to find the matching translated component field.
– Added /lang/acf-component_field-default.pot file
– Add optional alternative styling for nested components. Screenshot
– Fix php warning error when importing regular acf json file.
– Fix a copy-paste mistake that’ll cause warning error if wp_debug is on.
– Added plugin activation hook to fix component field not restore after updating plugin.
– Fix a bug where after updating a component field, acf_get_field_groups() doesn’t check the local json cache syncing properly.
– Fix a bug where single sync/bulk sync from local json cache doesn’t set the proper status.
– Add ability to read local fields generated by “acf_add_local_field_group()” to the “select field group” dropdown.
– Fix a bug where if a component field is exported to a local php export, it cannot render the sub fields.
– Added German translation, thanks to Thomas. Added index.php to prevent directory listing.
– Updated plugin metadata to point to the live demo
– Fix a frontend value parsing issue.
– Initial release.
Tested up to version:
ACF Pro 5.5.3